Machine Readable Taggants: TagSure
TagSure can be applied by any conventional printing process. The covert machine-readable taggant is not detected by human or electronic eyes; only an INKSURE reader can identify its presence. Using proprietary spectrophotometric methods, INKSURE produces a unique taggant formulation for authentication of each product line. The result is dedicated, forensic-level product authentication and protection that is accessible only by the brand owner. TagSure is also recognized as admissible court evidence to resolve liability or ownership claims.
TagSure authentication technology is applied to tens of billions of items worldwide every year including:
Durable, reliable and cost-effective, TagSure has also proven to be highly secure: for over a decade. Not one taggant produced by the technology has ever been counterfeited. TagSure is easy to use but is highly secure and complex in the engineering.
Taggant Authentication Application Methods:
- Volume printing (same taggant on all brand-line items): offset, flexo, silkscreen, gravure, intaglio, litho, coating.
- Variable printing (taggant includes serial numbering of items): thermal transfer, InkJet.
- On Demand printing (taggant applied to selected items or brand lines): pad printing, hot-ink contact.
- Minimum taggant size of .5 inch x .5 inch (12.7 mm x 12.7 mm).
- Transparent taggant can be applied over any color.
- Unique signature composed from up to 75 different data points.
- Taggant is detected only by InkSure readers tuned to that signature.
Media and Fixatives:
- All commercial inks, coatings, varnishes, resins or other media (water base or solvent base). UV-cured, heat set and air-dry processing.
- All plastics and polymeric foils, paper, natural or synthetic threads and fabrics, metal, glass, wood, ceramic and stone (including diamonds and other gemstones).
- Shelf life and storage conditions are identical to the media and carrier materials.
- Addition of taggant does not affect original material specs.